Welcome

I am so glad you stopped by. This blog is all about getting things for free. Yes there is such a thing as FREE, and I will show you how to get these items. As we know not EVERYTHING in life is free so for those things I will show you how and where to find deals. I live for finding deals and get such a high when I find a good one. Not only do I love finding deals but I love being a wife and mother. This blog will not only be about the deals that I find but about the daily joys and struggles as a parent.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Food Friday: Caramel Pear/ Apple Crumble

1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
3/4 cups packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter melted
20 caramel candies
1 tablespoon milk
3 medium pears (or you could use apples), peeled and sliced
Whipped topping
Vanilla ice cream

1. In a bowl combine the flour, oats, sugars and cinnamon. Stir in the butter (mixture will be crumbly).  and set aside one cup of the mixture. Press the remaining mixture into a 8x8in baking dish.
2. In a small saucepan, over medium low heat, cook the caramels and milk until caramels are melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat. Arrange the pears or apples over the crust and spoon the caramel mixture over them. Sprinkle with the remaining cup of crumb mixture.
3. Bake at 350 for 30-35 min. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and whipped topping.


Thank you Kristine for sending me this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment