Welcome

I am so glad you stopped by. This blog is all about getting things for free. Yes there is such a thing as FREE, and I will show you how to get these items. As we know not EVERYTHING in life is free so for those things I will show you how and where to find deals. I live for finding deals and get such a high when I find a good one. Not only do I love finding deals but I love being a wife and mother. This blog will not only be about the deals that I find but about the daily joys and struggles as a parent.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Food Friday: Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Ingredients:

4 large baked potatoes
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup flour
6 cups milk, whole or 2%
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
4 green onions chopped
12 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Velveeta cheese, several slices
1 cup (8oz) sour cream

Directions:

1. Cut potatoes in half. Scoop out pulp and put in small bowl.

2. Melt butter in large pot. Add flour. Gradually stir in milk. Continue to stir until smooth, thickened, and bubbly.

3. Stir in potato pulp, salt, pepper, and three quarters of the onions, bacon and cheese. Add several slices of velveeta cheese in at this time too. Cook until heated. Stir in sour cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment